Hutchison Ports (UK) Limited and its principal subsidiaries The Felixstowe Dock and Railway Company, Harwich International Port Limited, Thamesport (London) Limited and Maritime Transport Services Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hutchison Ports (UK) Limited of Tomline House, The Dock, Felixstowe, Suffolk, IP11 3SY.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.portoffelixstowe.co.uk or sites hosted by third parties on our behalf (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, visit one of our ports, apply for job opportunities on our web site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and other sensitive personal information (such as information on your CV).
- Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we or any of our third party sub-contractors operate. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, and sub-contractors in technical, web hosting and delivery services) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.We will use this information:
- to provide you with information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services or our business we feel may interest you.
- to assess your suitability for any job opportunity advertised on our website;
- to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to enable you to submit personal information and apply online for jobs;
- to third parties where we have retained them to provide services such as references, qualifications and criminal record checking services and verification of the details you have provided;
- to keep you informed on the progress of any job application you have made.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.We will use this information:
- to facilitate the recruitment process for any job advertised on our website and in which you have expressed interest;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hutchison Ports (UK) Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers or that of our sub-contractors. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting ISD Department, Tomline House, The Dock, Felixstowe, Suffolk IP11 3SY.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, sub- contractors and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.